Friday, April 25, 2008

Our endless plane ride and first outing!



Our plane ride went smoothly. We had no turbulence which was wonderful for my nerves.

We arrived at Dulles with plenty of time to spare. Mary pointed the way by reading the signs. I found it both comforting and disconcerting that my 6 year old was leading our way through an international airport. Mary is a born traveler.

Mary slept for about half the flight. I slept for about 2 hours. We arrived in Vienna with our friends waiting for us with flowers and chocolates. It doesn't get any better than that. Once we got home, I slept while Mary, Adrian and Jutta went on an outing.

We spent the afternoon in Modling (pronounced Mood-ling). We walked through town looking at beautiful old villas, visiting shoppes, exploring fountains and ending our excursion at a tiny coffee shop. Mary and Adrian had hot chocolate and a large soft pretzel. Suzanne and Jutta had coffee with a fabulous chocolate dessert.

Tomorrow we plan to visit Schoenbrunn Imperial Palace and a zoo. Sounds like a funny combination but we are traveling with 6 year olds.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having sooooo soo much fun! I'm jealous!! Make sure you take pictures and blog everything!!! have fun!

Kate said...

wooo mary is a world traveler. hmm i am 20 years old and have never been on an airplane, mary is 6 and is traveling to different countries. something wrong with this picture? i think so! HAVE FUN and bring me back some yummy chocolates

GrandmomMc said...

Miss you! Keep the news coming!

Monique said...

We love the blog and the video clips. Brooke watched the video and then said (sadly) "I miss Mary". Have a great time and we'll keep checking the blog.

Suzie said...

I love you, Kate!